Updated: Jun 18, 2022
There is a lot of supplements on the market we can buy and sometimes it can be confusing to know what really works and is not a waste of your hard earned money.
First of all remember that the most important thing is a balanced diet and good quality sleep, no supplement will beat that.
My number one supplement is Creatine Monohydrate.
Creatine is produced in your body from amino acids, the building blocks of protein.
It is found naturally in animal proteins like meat and fish. Altough creatine is found in this products it may be hard to consume a big amount of meat or fish every day to cover our needs, especially when you working out. You may getaround 1.5 - 4.5 g of creatine in 1 pound of meat.
It's alot easier and chaper to buy creatine and supplement with it.
It's safe, it's one of the most popular supplements to build muscle and strenght.
Some benefits from supplementing with creatine.
Can increase muscle size and strength.
Creatine will provide your muscles with extra fuel allowing you to workout harder if needed.
2. Helps your cells to produce more ATP, a molecule your cells use for energy.
3. May help to fight muscles loss in older people.
4. It can improve high intensity excercise performance.
5. It may reduce tiredness and fatique. It may reduce mental fatique in someone with sleep depravation.
6. It may help older adult with cognitive function.
Taking around 3-g-5g of creatine a day seems to be the best amount, up to 10g for someone with high amount of muscle mass. You can get capsules which makes it easier to dose or you can buy it in powder form and mix it with water.
All the best