Two things, no sorry, bad start, 3 things for you in todays post!
1 – New Kettlebell Classes at Wild Geese HQ I’ve been promising this for a while, but I’ve been tied up teaching a Self Defence course across town. The course is just finished, I had a blast with the guys and will miss them. Expect a report in the next wildgeesema.com newsletter, make sure you get over and subscribe to receive it. However, back to the point. As of Next Saturday (22nd May) I will be open for Kettlebell Beginners 12.30pm- 1.30pm and Kettlebell Inter/Adv 1.30pm – 2.30pm
This will run every Saturday at the usual price.
2 – Kilkenny Kettlebell Club (www.kilkennykettlebellclub.com) have organised a Girevoy Sport competition comprising of a Biathlon (Jerks & Snatch) and Strong man/Woman events. Myself and one or two of my gang will heading down to have a go. The competition will be under the World Kettlebell Club rules and rankings (www.worldkettlebellclub.com)
3 – There will be a Level III Kettlebell workshop on the 30th of this month at Wild Geese HQ. This covers the competition lifts, the Jerk and the Snatch. This level is not open to beginners, but if you have some Kettlebell experience and wish to explore the classical lifts, this is for you. If you’re considering joining us in Kilkenny, this workshop could set you on your way to stepping up on the stage in 10 weeks time…..
And a bonus….
4 – Just to really over deliver in style this extra point is actually 31 points!! this just arrived in my inbox last night before I shut the laptop down but it had me in stiches as I related to probably a few too many of the statements listed. I’ll hand over to one of my favourite authors in the Fitness industry, Nick “the mad scientist” Nilsson:
From Nick Nilsson
Author and Publisher of BetterU News
Ok, time for a little Friday afternoon funny business again (don’t get used to it, though, I’ll probably run out of material someday :).
So here we go…
1. If, on a job application, under “Previous Employment,” you’ve
listed weight training and under “Hobbies” you’ve listed your
actual previous employment.
2. If you’ve ever made yourself so sore that it either takes you
a full minute to sit on the toilet or you have to fall down onto
3. If you’ve been banned from one or more all-you-can-eat buffet
4. If you’ve ever broken a bone and tried to “train around it.”
5. If you’re buying a home and the first thing you look for is
where your training equipment will go…not how big the kitchen
is or if there’s a furnace or running water indoor plumbing or
anything secondary like that.
6. If you’ve ever mentally calculated the protein content of a
piece of your own birthday cake.
7. If you’d vote for Arnold Schwarzenegger regardless of of his
views, policies or even what he’s running for.
8. If everybody you know asks you to help them when they move
because you can lift heavy things.
9. If Navy Seal training “looks like fun.”
10. If you’ve ever had to scratch your nose in the middle of a
set and you’ve used the weight to scratch it.
11. If you’ve brought skinless chicken breasts to a rock concert
instead of beer.
12. If you can remember your One Rep Max for 76 different
exercises but you can’t remember your family and friends
13. You’ve kept an old vitamin bottle for 12 years because it
“brings back memories.”
14. If your fridge has more than 6 cartons of eggs in it at any
15. If, when you travel, you pack an extra bag just for your
16. If your marriage vows include the words “for better or for
worse or for low-carb dieting.”
17. If your idea of a good leg workout is one where you work
them so hard you can’t take two steps without falling down after